Are you needing motivating tips to help crush your goals? Read below!
We all know how it starts, we are incredible motivated and excited to crush our goals. We have our best intentions set. We do everything right, eating three healthy meals with loads of veggies and lean protein. We workout and choose to go for a walk rather than binge our favorite Netflix show.
Then life happens. Things get hard and we start to slip back into our old habits. Before you know it we are back to eating fast food and pretending getting up from the couch is enough exercise for the day. How do we stay motivated to stay on track to crush our goals?
How do we stay motivated when things get tough? It is easy to keep on track when things are going well. However, that isn’t realistic to think everything will always work out the way we wish it would.
Maybe you had a late night at work, or your kids have kept you up all night, perhaps you had a bunch of social events to attend.
What is going to keep us on track when things aren’t so easy?
Here are my favorite 5 tips to keep you focused to achieve your goals!
- Write it down – have your goals written down with a timeline
- Envision what this means to you – being able to keep up with your kids, fitting into your favorite pair of jeans, feeling good with enough energy to last from morning till night
- Out of mind, out of sight out of sight out of mind– do not buy your favorite snacks as that will only tempt us to steer away from our goals. Know yourself well enough to anticipate what happens when you get too hungry
- Celebrate the little wins! NOT with food, but maybe you get yourself a really awesome workout outfit to wear. Perhaps this means doing one of your favorite activities you don’t always have time for
- Keep the goal in sight – post pictures on the inside of your kitchen cupboards to remind yourself of what you truly want. Change your phone background to something that reminds you of your goal
In order for us to stick to what we want in the times life is not so easy, we need to set up guards to help. Assist yourself BEFORE you come across life’s pitfalls. Don’t wait till it happens as we won’t have the emotional strength to push through when times get tough. Anticipate and expect things to be hard, as nothing amazing comes easily or everyone would have it. Trust that you CAN do this! You are capable of anything you set your mind to!
Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
If you want me to elaborate on anything above, just let me know! I would absolutely love to help share any knowledge I can.
Also check on my blog post on why you should work out to give you extra reasons to stay on track! Click here
Are you still needing more reasons to stay motivated to workout? (Click motivated)
Have the most fantastic day, you are amazing – don’t let yourself forget it!
Your Coach Chantal Alexis – Simplifying fitness to get to your best you!